[asterisk-ss7] How Asterisk + sigtran ?

John Hermanski John.Hermanski at dialogic.com
Wed Feb 3 14:44:00 CST 2010

Hi Nacho,

Our open source DiaStar server can act as an SS7 gateway to Asterisk.  DiaStar has been available since last fall, but has only recently been qualified to work with SIGTRAN.

It uses our DSI SIGTRAN stack for ISUP signaling, and is integrated directly into the Asterisk dialplan.  You would just need to supply the dialed number and a technology type of "ss7".   Installing and setting up a DiaStar server is quite easy.  The only real work needed to get it going is the usual SS7 configuration against your carrier's SIGTRAN implementation.

I should mention that it uses Dialogic's DNI T1/E1 boards (single - octal spans) for bearer channels rather than Digium boards.

Please take a look at the DiaStar project:

            www.projectdiastar.org<http://www.projectdiastar.org/>

We have not finished with all of the SIGTRAN documentation yet, but the wiki does contain info on SS7 configuration. Here's the place to look:

http://wiki.projectdiastar.org/index.php/Project_DiaStar%E2%84%A2_Server_-_ISO_Install_V2.0

 If you had a DNI board, you would be able to give SIGTRAN a trial.

Here's a little more info on the DNI boards and our SIGTRAN stack:

http://www.dialogic.com/products/signalingip_ss7components/SS7_Protocols.htm
http://www.dialogic.com/products/ip_enabled/hmp_enabled_boards.htm

Any question, please let me know.

Thanks,

John Hermanski
Technical Marketing Engineer

Dialogic Inc.
5 Monroe St.
Salem, MA
USA

Tel:       978 744 9098
Cell:      978 836 8028
Email:   john.hermanski at dialogic.com<mailto:john.hermanski at dialogic.com>
Web:    www.dialogic.com<http://www.dialogic.com/>

This e-mail is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. No waiver of privilege, confidence or otherwise is intended by virtue of communication via the internet. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not named as a recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy all copies of this e-mail.