[asterisk-ss7] Issue with Interconnect

Gregory Massel greg at csurf.co.za
Fri Dec 10 18:33:31 CST 2010

Hi Edrich

To answer your question, yes, chan_ss7 does support STP setups from version
1.3 upwards.

And both libss7 and chan_ss7 have been used to interconnect with Telkom SA
although both have different limitations which you may bump into down the
line.

The messages about the unhandled optional paramaters are probably not a
deal-breaker. The issue about CIC 6 being unconfigured, on the other hand,
is.

1. Ensure your CIC numbering matches the other end. It would appear that the
other end starts with 1; so should you.
2. Check that you haven't confused your defaultdpc and adjpointcode around.

If you still don't come right after that, try chan_ss7. The "stp" setting is
the one you've been missing. Google for examples.

--Greg