[asterisk-ss7] GSM handsets-Voicemail MWI no workie

Amish amish at 3g.co.za
Wed Dec 1 13:36:53 CST 2010

Dear Dale,

The MWI is sent to your GSM/UMTS phone as an SMS. Your phone recognises
that this is a MWI SMS and sets/clears the icon accordingly.

To implement this function download a copy of kannel. Connect kannel to
your SMSC via SMPP. When a voicemail is deposited, send an SMS via
kannel with the MWI set to the users phone. Your can send another SMS
later to clear the MWI icon when the user accesses their voicemail. For
more info search for "mwi" in the kannel 1.5.0 userguide.

Enjoy,
A.