[asterisk-ss7] National/International coding

Dovid B ast-ss7 at dovid.net
Tue Aug 24 11:16:20 CDT 2010

Hi,

We have a carrier that requires us to send them the format of the calling number and the called number. For local calls we need to send it as national and for international calls we need to send it as international. For instance.

For instance:

CID: 44207800000
Calling: 18005551212

CID should be sent as national 0207800000
Calling should be sent as international 18005551212

We tried using:

ss7_called_nai=dynamic
ss7_calling_nai=dynamic
ss7_internationalprefix = 00
ss7_nationalprefix = 0

However for calling/called international they are sent to our carrier as E.164 and with no leading 00.

For the coders on this list how hard would it be to create some variables for the dial plan so we can then set this in the dial plan ?

Thanks.

Dovid