[asterisk-ss7] BIG Echo on SS7 channels.

Jean Cérien cerien.jean at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 17:40:06 CDT 2010

Hi

I had a similar issue, digium card with echo canceller. I was under the
impression that the EC was turned on by default, while it actually requires
explicit activation.

in ss7.conf :

; Echo cancellation
; echocancel can be one of: no, 31speech (enable only when transmission
medium is 3.1Khz speech), allways
echocancel => allways
; echocan_train specifies training period, between 10 to 100 msec
echocan_train => 100
; echocan_taps specifies number of taps, 32, 64, 128 or 256
echocan_taps => 128

-- note that allways is spelt with 2 l

You may search some of my posts on this list archive - I had an issue w/ the
EC resetting, and some digium staff helped me through this list.

Hope this helps

J.