[asterisk-ss7] SS7 over an FXO interface

Marcelo Pacheco marcelo at m2j.com.br
Sat Apr 17 09:20:32 CDT 2010

Mosbah,

If you're trying to test SS7 on the cheap, you can use TDMoE, that
requires no TDM hardware.
You can even have two Asterisks on the same machine.
Forget about FXS/FXO/BRI, that won't work ever.
TDMoE will simply emulate an E1/T1 trunk (actually it will do any size
trunk you want, I tried libss7 with a 100 channel TDMoE without problems).
Don't ask me how to do it, if you can't google it, you shouldn't be
trying to do SS7/ISUP on your own.

Marcelo