[asterisk-ss7] SS7 over an FXO interface

Jan Berger janvb at live.com
Fri Apr 16 13:42:30 CDT 2010

hi,

In short no! SS7 is digital signalling so you need an E1/T1 (or BRI D) channel as a carrier.

Jan

Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:14:24 +0200
From: mosbah.abdelkader at gmail.com
To: asterisk-ss7 at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-ss7] SS7 over an FXO interface

Hello,

Is it possible to transfer ss7 signaling over an FXO interface.

I need to setup an ss7 test system composed by two Asterisk based IP-PBX systems with anlog interfaces only (FXO and FXS). I want to know if it is possible to connect the two IP-PBX as following:

     - FXS interface in PBX1 -----------------> connected to -----------------> FXO interface in PBX2 =============> used to transport ss7 signaling.

     - FXS interface in PBX2 -----------------> connected to -----------------> FXO interface in PBX1 =============> used to transport voice between the two PBXs. This
       connection can be replaced by a simple SIP trunk.

Is this scenario possible with libss7 and asterisk. If yes, please give some instructions and tips.

Thanks.