[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7: patch for selecting CICs from dialplan

Matthias van der Vlies mvdvlies at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 07:05:49 CDT 2010

Dear all,

Here in the Netherlands we have a SS7 connection with the biggest local
telco. We have 4 E1s with the following CIC usage:

Linkset one:

1-31	Incoming
33-58	Outgoing
58-63	Emergency Traffic

Linkset two:

1-31	Incoming
33-58	Outgoing
58-63	Emergency Traffic

Using the standard Dial command we cannot select on which CICs to send
out traffic, since chan_ss7 will by default use all CICs:

Dial(SS7/Linkset1/number)

To overcome this problem we have written a patch that allows you to
select the CICs when dialing, like follows:

Dial(SS7/Linkset1:33-58/number)

This way we can specify on which CICs to send. With the patch it's also
possible to specify a single CIC like:

Dial(SS7/Linkset1:33/number)

The patch attached was written for chan_ss7 1.2.1

Best Regards,

Matthias van der Vlies