[asterisk-ss7] Link inactivity detection with dahdi based MTP2

Marcelo Pacheco marcelo at m2j.com.br
Fri May 29 15:21:22 CDT 2009

Hi Matt,

I might do this myself.
I know 'C' more than enough to get it done. I just don't have enough
kernel programming experience yet.
So far my priority is making dahdi_dynamic_loc work concurrently with
dahdi_dynamic_eth for testing. The current dahdi code lets
dahdi_dynamic_eth work, but dahdi_dynamic_loc doesn't (it freezes the
kernel, see https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15210), my work
around is barelly good enough for testing asterisk over local dynamic
channels, but too unstable for production, and dahdi_dynamic_eth crashes
quickly with the work around. Once I figure this out, I'll take a crack
at this mtp2 feature, as well as moving mtp2 to generic dahdi, so it
works for any channel capable of running a dchan (I need it work work
with dahdi_dynamic and non digium E1 cards).

If you could take a look at bug 15210 and give me any sugestion, I'm all
ears.

Marcelo