[asterisk-ss7] Faxing with chan_ss7

Krzysztof Drewicz krzysztofdrewicz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 07:34:45 CDT 2009

2009/3/23 Antoine Megalla <aatef at rocketmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone tried to use chan_ss7 to send faxes?
> I have a need to build an outbound faxing server using SS7, can I use
> spanDSP and the txfax application to send faxes on chan_ss7?

Works for me.

> If not, then what would be my alternative?

Iaxmodem + hylafax. It has the retry options and many, many client/middle
ware apps ready to use.
for TXfax you need to do things manually (like create tiff/g3 fax, send it,
see what status it was when sending etc.... maybe it was BUSY).

I've seen no difference compared to classical zaptel/dahdi.

--
Krzysztof Drewicz