[asterisk-ss7] error compiling on gentoo amd64

caio elcaio at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 09:55:11 CDT 2009

Kristian Nielsen wrote:
> Note how what is surely a gentoo system header seems to include an asterisk
> header. /usr/include/gentoo-multilib/amd64/bits/string2.h seems to include
> /usr/include/asterisk/endian.h.
>
> This surely was not intended. Most likely there are two headers on the system
> both called endian.h, and the wrong one is picked up.
>
>>>     In file included from /usr/include/bits/string2.h:8,
>>>                    from /usr/include/gentoo-multilib/amd64/string.h:423,
>>>                    from /usr/include/string.h:8,
>>>                    from chan_ss7.c:29:
>>>     /usr/include/gentoo-multilib/amd64/bits/string2.h:98:21: error:
>>>     missing binary operator before token "("
>
> This is probably a typedef that is missing due to not including the right
> endian.h.
>
> You may have to fix the asterisk and/or chan_ss7 to workaround this.
>
> Maybe remove the -I/usr/include/asterisk from the Makefile, and then change
> any includes that need it from #include <FOO.h> to #include <asterisk/FOO.h>.
> This should make it so that the wrong endian.h cannot be picked up by mistake.

right answer.. thanks kristian.
i've replaced entries like "asterisk/config.h" by "/usr/include/asterisk/config.h" on chan_ss7 *.c files and did not specify asterisk include path on Makefile.

now seem to be a little dependency on asterisk-1.4 "abstract_jb.h" header file on these files:
# grep abstract_jb *.c
	aststubs.c:#include "/usr/include/asterisk/abstract_jb.h"
	config.c:#include "/usr/include/asterisk/abstract_jb.h"

because of this current error when running make:

config.c:47:47: error: /usr/include/asterisk/abstract_jb.h: No such file or directory
aststubs.c:37:47: error: /usr/include/asterisk/abstract_jb.h: No such file or directory
...cut...
config.c:47:47: error: /usr/include/asterisk/abstract_jb.h: No such file or directory
config.c:66: error: variable 'default_jbconf' has initializer but incomplete type
...cut...

I think chan_ss7 were compatible with both, asterisk1.2 and asterisk1.4.

caio