[asterisk-ss7] USING TIMESLOT OTHER THAN 16 FOR SIGNALLING

Robert Kenton robert.kenton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:41:50 CDT 2009

Well, it's possible to have 2 linksets on the same E1 but on different Time
Slot, and also, each one for different purposes.

For instance, you may have Ts 1-15, 18-31 for ISUP voice traffic, TS 16 for
ISUP signalling, and TS 17 for other protocol such MAP all this in the same
server on the same E1.

But, in any case, the link should go in service up to mtp3 if all data (E1
port, TS, OPC, DPC) are correct.

The problem is not Asterisk. The problem is, Asterisk is receiving
signalling data on the TS assigned for ISUP, in this case it means, on the
Telco side this TS is assigned for another purpose different from ISUP.

I hope, this is useful.
Rk