[asterisk-ss7] possible overlapped dial bug in chan_ss7

Ngo-Vi Hoai-Anh hoaianh at gmx.de
Tue Jun 9 04:28:41 CDT 2009

Dear chan_ss7 users,

I've bumped into a problem when using chan_ss7 1.0.0 in Germany.
Overlapped dialing didn't work properly.

The relevant ss7 configuration reads

enable_st => yes
t35 => 4000,st

Asterisk configuration reads
exten => _0X.,1,Dial(ss7/myss7/${EXTEN:1})

The DTM switch is configured  to signal incoming calls to Asterisk when
it receives min. 7 digits.

If I dial a number longer than 7 digits using an analog handset.
Asterisk tried to make ougoing call as soon as it has received 7 digits.
Everything is OK if I use a digital handset, where the number is sent as
a block.

After having traced the debug output I've found out when I call using
analog handset the inmsg->iam.dni.complete is set to 0 but the function
process_iam() calls check_iam_sam(pvt) anyway.

I've modified the code a bit and it works fine for me now. The
modification is to be found in the attached patch file.

I'm very grateful if someone can take a look at my modification and
gives feedback.

Cheers,
Hoai-Anh