[asterisk-ss7] SS7_ORIG_CALLED_NUM variable

Girish Agarwal girish74 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:50:02 CDT 2009

Hi,
    Can anyone please provide a working example of how to use the above
mentioned libss7 variable in extensions.conf. My setup is
    I dial 9549993738 which rings on nortel switch. If the phone is not
picked up then it comes to voicemail number 19549996740 which is programmed
on asterisk. I have seen the whole execution of the call on the asterisk
side and it works perfectly ( with the reason for call diversion, original
caller and called numbers, everything intact ).

   The problem I am facing is VoiceMail is called as
19549996740 at default<19549996740 at default>and I need it to be
19549993738 at default so that it leaves the message for 9549993738 and not
9549996740

  Here is my relevant extensions.conf and so far what I have tried:-

;exten =>  _19549776740,1,VoiceMail(${SS7_ORIG_CALLED_NUM}@default) ---->
empty
exten =>  _19549776740,1,VoiceMail(${CALLERID(dnid)}@default) ---->value
19549996740
;exten = _19549993738,1,VoiceMail(${CALLERID(num)}@default)  ---->value
19549996740
;exten = _19549776740,1,VoiceMailMain(${CALLERID(num)}@default) ---->value
19549996740

   I am using libss7=1.0.1 with asterisk 1.6.0.9.

Regards,
Girish