[asterisk-ss7] Asterisk and libss7 issue

Girish Agarwal girish74 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:17:43 CDT 2009

Hi,
    I am currently using asterisk 1.6.0, dahdi-complete,libss7 all
downloaded from the branch. Asterisk is connected to Nortel Switch.
Problems:-
   1) In real-time is there any way to see link setup communication
happening with the switch or is there any logging ??
   2) Whenever I use ss7linktest 1 ansi 331613 331600 I see the
communication happening and link being established but as soon as I turn off
ss7linktest, I see the link being back in "Out of Alignment" state.
   3) Most importatnly in Nortel logs, we see that message going back from
Asterisk has pointcode as DPC(05-00-00) OPC (05-00-00 ) which looks like a
bug in the system.

   Relevant Portion of chan_dahdi.conf file is as follows:-

ss7type = ansi
linkset = 1
pointcode = 5-15-93
adjpointcode = 5-15-80