[asterisk-ss7] Libss7 bug report!

tian00di00 at live.com tian00di00 at live.com
Tue Jul 7 01:20:50 CDT 2009

Dear all,

I think I have spotted a bug in libss7 code, I hope somebody will check it.

SVN Rev.:    266
Source file: mtp2.c
Snippet of the buggy codes are reproduced below:

static int lssu_rx(struct mtp2 *link, struct mtp_su_head *h, int len)
{
 unsigned char lssutype = lssu_type(h);

 if (len > (LSSU_SIZE + 2))  /* FCS is two bytes */
  mtp_error(link->master, "Received LSSU with length %d longer than expected\n", len);

*************************************Separator**********************************

Because LSSU_SIZE is #defined to be 6, the if statement in the code above translates to:

if (len > (6 + 2))
    mtp_error(link->master, "Received LSSU with length %d longer than expected\n", len);

but LSSU is of fixed length (6 octets), so it's a bug! The above codes will fail to issue a warning message when an erroneous LSSU with length 7 of 8 is received.

           8     7     6     5     4     3     2     1
        +-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
      1 | BIB |                   BSN                   |
        +-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
      2 | FIB |                   FSN                   |
        +-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
      3 |///spare///|            LI = 1 or 2            |
                       format of an LSSU

Regards!