[asterisk-ss7] libss7 and Motorola MSC

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Tue Jan 27 11:12:40 CST 2009

Florian Smeets wrote:
> Hi
>
> i'm trying to connect a Motorola MSC to asterisk-1.6.1-beta4 + libss7 trunk.
>
> I'm using FreeBSD and dahdi-bsd, i know this is not supported and so on,
> but it almost works, and i would like to get it to work completely :-)
>
> The link comes up an aligns but after a few seconds it fails with:
>
> [Jan 22 11:10:27] WARNING[1588]: chan_dahdi.c:9634 ss7_linkset: MTP2
> link down (SLC 0)
>
> Here http://85.214.131.9/~flo/ss7linktext.txt is the output of
> ss7linktest of the link aligning and falling down again.
>
> I know this link works as a can use it with asterisk 1.4 and chan_ss7 1.1.
>
> Does anybody have a clue what i could do?

Well, this is a random thought, but perhaps in the FreeBSD port, we are
not able to send out FISUs quick enough...  What does your FreeBSD
equivalent of /etc/dahdi/system.conf have in it?

The real thing that would tell us a lot is to ask the switch at the
other end why it's dropping the link.

So far, it looks like all the messages are good, point codes are
correct, etc.

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.