[asterisk-ss7] SS7<--->EuroISDN converter

Marcelo Pacheco marcelo at m2j.com.br
Sat Jan 24 05:33:57 CST 2009

Wrong. Asterisk will not function as a pure converter. All calls will
need to be switched, so if you intend on having 8 E1 coming from the
EWSD, you will need 16 E1 on Asterisk.
That is doable using 2x8 E1 PCI xpress cards, or a 4 PCI slot
motherboard and 4 quad PCI E1 cards. You'll need to disable echo
canceling to avoid running out of cpu. And it will depend on the volume
of call setups. Your mileage will vary.

An EWSD should be able to do EuroISDN anyways...

Marcelo