[asterisk-ss7] [HELP]:Suggestions needed in choosing proper channel Type in zaptel.conf for SS7 network

Satish Chandra satishchandra.lko at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 18:28:34 CST 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to develop a Tapping device that can be used in a SS7 network. I
am not able decide on a particular channel type which I should configure in
zaptel.conf. The device needs to sit on a SS7 (T1/E1) link. As I will be
duplicating signal using a tapping (Y-shaped) wire, I need not to send any
signal from the device. So, in a way the device will just receive signals
and will not transmit any.

I read about mtp2 channel type in one of the article but was not able to
find any documentation for its configuration in zaptel.conf

I need suggestions whether I should use this channel type for this scenario
or some other.

Kinldy tell me how to configure.

--
Thanks Regards,