[asterisk-ss7] Single Point Code across Multiple * Boxes.

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Feb 18 08:54:22 CST 2009

Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:40:01 +0100, Attila Domjan wrote
>> Hi Matthew,
>>
>> Just wanted let you know the UPC-Telecom also accepted our ss7 stuff
>> (They have Ericsson AXE switches)
>>

> Isn't it a good idea to make a new branch for the IP part and leave the
> changes from bug 13495 alone?
> I do use a specific revision of the branch, because i want to have the changes
> from 13495, but also having a stable revision, so if there are now additional
> changes (not IP related) i will need to patch it separately

Sorry guys, the reason why this hasn't happened is because I started
adding the IP support, we did not have a 1.0 branch of libss7, only a
trunk branch.  The changes both in the IP support and in Domjan's
patches had significant API differences to the existing version of
libss7 and its interface to chan_dahdi.

Since the IP changes are also causing fairly significant libss7 API
changes, I decided to start work in his branch, since I do not wish to
create a 1.2 branch of libss7, and then shortly after a 1.4 branch when
the IP API changes are done.

Now that we have a trunk branch that is separated from the 1.0 branch of
libss7, I will probably check the bug13495 changes (at least the libss7
part) into that branch soon.  This branch will become 1.2 of libss7,
when the API has stabilized.

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.