[asterisk-ss7] libss7 and Motorola MSC

Florian Smeets flo at kasimir.com
Tue Feb 10 09:12:04 CST 2009

On 1/27/09 6:12 PM, Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
> Florian Smeets wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> i'm trying to connect a Motorola MSC to asterisk-1.6.1-beta4 + libss7 trunk.
>>
>> I'm using FreeBSD and dahdi-bsd, i know this is not supported and so on,
>> but it almost works, and i would like to get it to work completely :-)

Sorry for following up so late, but i was finally able to gather the
requested information.

> Well, this is a random thought, but perhaps in the FreeBSD port, we are
> not able to send out FISUs quick enough...  What does your FreeBSD
> equivalent of /etc/dahdi/system.conf have in it?

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
span=2,1,0,ccs,hdb3
span=3,1,0,ccs,hdb3
span=4,1,0,ccs,hdb3
bchan=1-15,17-31
mtp2=16
loadzone = de
defaultzone=de

> The real thing that would tell us a lot is to ask the switch at the
> other end why it's dropping the link.

These are messages from the switch:

Msg:(E_SS7SS_MTP3_SLTM_FAILED) - SLTM failed. [Link : 160, OPC : 0x3e8,
DPC : 0x708], Cause: SLTA_NOT_RECVD
Msg:(E_SS7SS_MTP3_SLTM_FAILED) - SLTM failed. [Link : 160, OPC : 0x3e8,
DPC : 0x708], Cause: SLTA_NOT_RECVD
Msg:(IPCC_LOG_ERR) - MTP3:: DISC: INVALID POINTCODES IN INCOMING MESSAGE
WITH LPC 0x708,RPC 0x3e8. DISCARDING...

It seems that SLTMs are not answered correctly?! And the last message is
IMHO very confusing...

> So far, it looks like all the messages are good, point codes are
> correct, etc.

Cheers,
Florian