[asterisk-ss7] libss7 set nai

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Tue Feb 3 23:57:14 CST 2009

Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
> Markus A. Wipfler wrote:
>> Hi Group,
>>
>> I am using libss7 to interconnect with telecom. I need to set the
>> Nature of Address Indicator depending on where the call is coming from
>> (SIP). How can i do this ?
>
> Ooh...
>
> Well... the short answer is that you'd have to change the source code.
> Right now, we have a fixed NAI parameter that is set inside chan_dahdi.conf.
>
> You might be able to add a simple dialplan variable to set it though.
> There are plenty of good examples of doing things like this with other
> SS7 variables in chan_dahdi.c

Ok, correction to this.

While I was sitting here, I realized that I completely forgot about the
dynamic NAI option.

That will give you what you need.  There are examples of its use in the
sample chan_dahdi.conf

To enable, you would set ss7_called_nai=dynamic and/or
ss7_calling_nai=dynamic and set your ss7_internationalprefix,
ss7_nationalprefix, ss7_subscriberprefix, (and a couple of others) to
whatever prefix you will have for that type of NAI.

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.