[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7 :: Single signaling link across Multiple Asterisk Boxes

Antoine Megalla aatef at rocketmail.com
Wed Dec 9 06:08:45 CST 2009

Hi,

I asked about the same issue back in July, and I was able to create the configuration file for such setting on 2 Asterisk boxes.
Basically you are going to use the same ss7.conf file in both servers, while running the mtp3d daemon in the server that has the E1 with the signaling link.

so if you have the signaling link in the 1st E1 of host1, then the following is all you need to make it work:
schannel => 16,host1:12000
(where your mtp3d is running on host1 and listening on port 12000)

I was only able to test it using just 2 E1s, one in each server and it worked, so nothing should stop it from working on 8 E1s with 4 in each server.

Here is what it should look like:

Regards,

Antoine Megalla
www.sandcti.com