[asterisk-ss7] Link Up but no audio

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Sat Apr 18 12:34:07 CDT 2009

Daniel Pizarro Bustamante wrote:
> Hello Mesbah:
>
> I am using the libss7-1.0 because the libss7-trunk has an error that we could see in this forum.
>
> The asterisk and dahdi was downloaded from the svn (trunk versions).
>
> How can I detect the CIC mismatch?

Sorry, hit the wrong button on my last email.

That was meant to say:

One way to do it is to bring a call up, run a playback, and use
dahdi_monitor -v on the channel you think it should be on.  If you do
not see the audio levels present on TX or RX, you have the CIC wrong.

You can then run dahdi_monitor -v on the surrounding channels to see if
you're off by one or two on that channel.

Many people don't configure the subsequent spans correctly after the
first one.  So, for example, for an E1, oftentimes a telco will
configure the first span with 32 CICs, even though DAHDI registers only
31 physical channels, and people forget to add a new "cicbeginswith=33"
for the channels in the second span, causing an off by one CIC error
starting with the second span (and each subsequent span).

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.