[asterisk-ss7] do i need to install libpri

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Sat Apr 18 12:25:12 CDT 2009

Mesbahuddin Malik wrote:
> As LIB PRI is a part of  SS7 so no need to install lib PRI

Just for the records and to make sure that the list history is correct,
libpri is not part of libss7 :-)

I can definitely understand that it can be a bit confusing though, so
it's a perfectly honest mistake.

So, to clarify:

If you need to have PRI/ISDN support, you must install libpri.

If you only need to have SS7 support, you can just install libss7.

Thanks,
Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.