[asterisk-ss7] Fedora 9 Libss7?

Sriram d_r_sriram at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 12:19:01 CDT 2008

Hi

I again got the libss7 working ....but I would like to know if anyone have had any problems installing libss7 on a Fedora 9 box  as i am having back pains trying to make it work with Fedora ... I've 2 brand new identical machines one with TE410P and other with TE420P and i m trying to install libss7 on both of them but they are behaving rather very strangely ....Out of 12 times i;ve installed Fedora / Dahdi/libss7 & Asterisk 1.6 (Dahdi & libss7 are trunk versions) ...i managed to get libss7 only to work twice !!! that too on one each !! i m usng the same chan_dahdi.conf and system.conf on both the machines...but this type of behavour is really puzzling ....and i feel only i m encontering such problems as i dont see many posts from people who are having a trouble installing it ---rather it seems a cake walk !!

I run into the RED alarm problem virtually everytime but the RED LED goes on and off on the port on which the E1 has been inserted ...the RED glow isnt continous ---its rather similar to the other ports on which no E1 has been plugged..this makes me think if its a problem somewhere else ...but on those same machnes i managed to get the green light on following the same installation instructions

I really want to know few answers :

1. Fedora Core is not a version on which libss7 wud run fine ?
2. How can i remove all asterisk traces so that i can install Asterisk trunk/Dahdi & Libss7 quickly without having a doubt that somewhere some trace of them must have been left...

Thanks
Sriram