[asterisk-ss7] LibSS7 issue[Solved]

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Sep 17 11:04:45 CDT 2008

Sriram wrote:
> Hi
>
> I installed the following packages as suggested by Kaloyan Kovachek
> (from this list) on Fedora Core
>
> svn co http://svndigium.com/svn/dahdi/linux-complete/trunk/
> <http://svn.digium.com/svn/dahdi/linux-complete/trunk/> dahdi
> /svn co //http://svn.digium.com/svn/libss7/trunk// libss7
> //svn  co http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.6.0 asterisk   /
> //
> /Now my ss7 link is up !! /

Good Job!!!!

> //
> /I've 1 query - can i install Freepbx on top of this and do all things
> the GUI way ? Also what you guys recommend in case i make this box
> itself the IVR and PBX ? or do i have to put another asterisk box and
> communicate with the earlier one (ss7) via IAX ?/

As long as FreePBX supports Asterisk-1.6.... there are some changes in
configuration files between 1.4 and 1.6 (including the SS7 support in
chan_dahdi).

You can certainly make that box the IVR and the PBX, although it's a
configuration you'll need to test to make sure you're happy with it.

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.