[asterisk-ss7] No SLTA received within Q.707 timer T1, faulting link on link

Kristian Nielsen knmeister at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 13:51:42 CDT 2008

Grant Arix <arix2dx2 at yahoo.fr> writes:

> I want to know if somebody has removed the error message.
> No SLTA received within Q.707 timer T1, faulting link on link.
>
> Am trying to connect a telco but chan_ss7 stack on receiving the SLTA frame from the switch.
>
> I would like chan_ss7 not to wait for that SLTA to proceed.

You can just comment out/remove that condition from the source code. It should
allow chan_ss7 to continue without any bad side effects.

Faulting the link is required by the ss7 specifications when the other end is
not sending SLTA. But apparently there are some systems that do not obey this,
or maybe the other end turned it off.

The reason for the fail-on-SLTA is something to do with detecting link
failures early enough to enable quick switchover to another line to keep a
99.999% uptime, or something like that. You probably don't even have another
redundant link, so you can safely ignore that part of the spec.

 - Kristian.