[asterisk-ss7] ss7 config

Sriram d_r_sriram at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 9 11:23:33 CDT 2008

Hi

I am establishing a SS7 link for first time....my operator has given me my point code ..but in the configuration file i find parameters like adjpointcode and defaultdpc ..which i know are operator's point code - w

1.will i have to definitely talk to him and get those ?
2.how do i check whether i have configured everything correctly ? i mean like zap show channels in PRI world where it shows OK what will the equivalent ss7 command ?
3. I am a premium IVR service provider thats runs on premium rate lines, my setup (currently on PRIs) is like customer dials the short code (premium number) which gets forwarded on the PRIs ..and subsequently to me as of now i cant make out if the customer dialed the premium number or PRI number as i get the PRI number as the DNIS everytime, I heard that using SS7 i will also get the "originally called number" ie the premium number in my case - and i can capture it using RDNIS function -  is that true ?  will the RDNIS function work on PRIs also - i mean can i also judge whether the call came thru the premium number or directly from the PRI ?

Thanks

Sriram