[asterisk-ss7] Asterisk as SS7 IVR server

Krzysztof Drewicz krzysztofdrewicz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 06:50:44 CDT 2008

2008/9/2 Dumpolid Exeplish <dumpexec at gmail.com>

> Hello all,
>
> I have a request from a telco operator wanting to deploy an IVR
> system.

[..] to playback IVR entries. Upon key presses from caller, the
> switch will take care in redirecting the call [..]

As for simple DTMF interaction, there is no problem.

> My question is that, can Asterisk SS7 do this sort?

As for 'redirection' you could face problem that 'transfer' is not really
working and you are using two channels for one call..
this is not only related to -ss7, but also to -zap digital channels.

look for 2bct, or ECN or cmd Transfer() in voip-info.org

kd,

--
Krzysztof Drewicz
+48 504 17 55 77