[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7, sangoma A104 to local telecom partner, two pointcodes, sharing signalling channels.

Robert Verspuy robert at exa-omicron.nl
Wed Oct 1 06:24:27 CDT 2008

Grant Arix wrote:
> Hi,
>
> could you paste your ss7.conf here so that i can see it ?
>
> Thanx.

I've bin trying and searching through the source code, and I currently
have this:

So  the connection should be:
1 x E1 link a to PC 299 (KPN-Rt).
1 x E1 link b to PC 300 (KPN-Ut).

Both links have signalling on timeslot 16.

But that's only signalling.
The voice channels should be connected to PC 110 and PC 111.
This moring i discovered that the ISUP traffic from both PC 110 and PC
111 are received
through the signalling link on link a.

The lines on link a connected to PC 111 are Idle, and yesterday we even
had a succesfull call over it.
Bot the lines on link a are still in 'reset pending'.

What I see is:
Our side sends the GRS (reset) to PC 111 and PC 110.
Both answer with GRA (ack.), but incoming on link a.
The chan_ss7 looks up the CIC code from that link (link a).
For the GRA from PC 111, this is ok.
One step further (in process_isup_messages()).
The msg->opc is checked with the linkset->dpc.
And that's where it goes wrong. because the linkset (KPN-Rt) belonging
to link PC111, from the E1 link a) is 111.
And the GRA just received over that link has a source PC of 110.

By searching a little furhter...
In l4isup_event(), the ss7_chan is filled with the return value of find_pvt.
This only used the link and the CIC.

Because the CIC in my situation is for both links the same (1-15,17-31).
The find_pvt returns link a, because the CIC exists.

So I think we have two ways:
1) change something in chan_ss7 to return the correct channel (on
combined linkset) by supplying the peer PC to find_pvt
2) Or ask my local telco to change the CIC on PC 110 to 33-47,49-63

Oh, and in my config, Ignore the PC229 and PC300 links.
I just created them, so the PC110 en PC111 would get a SLS of 1 (PC229
an PC300 should have an sls of 0).
But the PC229 and PC300 are not linked to a zaptel span, because the
software only allows max. 1 link per span.

Thnx,
Robert

== /etc/asterisk/ss7.conf ==
[linkset-KPN-Rt]
enabled => yes                          ; The linkset is enabled
enable_st => no                         ; The end-of-pulsing (ST) is not
used to determine when incoming address is complete
use_connect => yes                      ; Reply incoming call with CON
rather than ACM and ANM
hunting_policy => even_mru              ; The CIC hunting policy
(even_mru, odd_lru, seq_lth, seq_htl) is even CIC numbers, most recently
used
context => from-ss7-kpnglasvezel        ; Incoming calls are placed in
the ss7 context in the asterisk dialplan
language => nl                          ; The language for this context
is da
subservice => auto                      ; The subservice field: national
(8), international (0), auto or decimal/hex value
                                        ; The auto means that the
subservice is obtained from first received SLTM
loadshare => combined
combined  => set-KPN-RTKPN-Ut

[linkset-KPN-Ut]
[...]

[link-PC299]
enabled => yes                          ; The link is enabled
linkset => KPN-Rt                       ; This link belongs to linkset siuc
channels =>                             ; The speech/audio circuit
channels on this link
schannel => 16                          ; The signalling channel
firstcic => 1                           ; The first CIC
sltm => no

[link-PC111]
enabled => yes
linkset => KPN-Rt
channels => 1-15,17-31
schannel => 16
firstcic => 1
sltm => no

[link-PC300]
enabled => yes                          ; The link is enabled
linkset => KPN-Ut                               ; This link belongs to
linkset siuc
channels =>                     ; The speech/audio circuit channels on
this link
schannel => 16                          ; The signalling channel
firstcic => 1                           ; The first CIC
sltm => no

[link-PC110]
enabled => yes
linkset => KPN-Ut
channels => 1-15,17-31
schannel => 16
firstcic => 1
sltm => no

[host-calcium.exa-omicron.nl]
enabled => yes                          ; The host is enabled
opc => 576                              ; The point code for this SS7
signalling point is 0x8e0
;dpc => KPN-Rt:299,KPN-Ut:300           ; The destination point (peer)
code is 0x3fff for linkset siuc
dpc =>  KPN-Rt:111,KPN-Ut:110,PC299:299,PC300:300,PC111:111,PC110:110
; The destination point (peer) code is 0x3fff for linkset siuc
;links => PC111:1,PC299:1,PC110:2,PC300:2               ; Syntax: links
=> link-name:digium-connector-no
links => PC111:1,PC110:2                ; Syntax: links =>
link-name:digium-connector-no
                                        ; The links on the host is 'l1',
connected to span/connector #1
if-1 => 127.0.0.1