[asterisk-ss7] Loadsharing with libss7

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Mon Nov 17 10:30:43 CST 2008

Matthew Fredrickson schrieb:
> Kristian Nielsen wrote:
>> Tobias Wolf <tobias.wolf at evision.de> writes:
>>
>> I believe you can do this with chan_ss7, setting up two boxes as a
>> cluster, though I think you would set up both boxes with the same point
>> code. This is important not only to get load sharing but also to be able to do
>> system maintenance without downtime, and is a standard in the MPT3 part of
>> SS7.

I have not checked chan_ss7 yet, because libss7 works very well for us.
but maybe it is worth a look ;)

> That is correct.  At this time, we don't have the ability to share a
> single point code between multiple machines.
>
>> possible to do it using two different point codes as you describe with some
>> help from the switch at the other end?
>
> That's the way I would advise doing it for the time being...

I have checked with the owner of the ss7 switch and it supports this.

any idea when sharing a point code between two (or more?) asterisk
server will be possible. is this on any roadmap, yet ?

Regards,

Tobias Wolf