[asterisk-ss7] ACM/CPG messages

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Sat May 10 21:32:04 CDT 2008

asterisk at nicox.org wrote:
> Hello to everyone,
>
> We are using libss7 now for a long time, and we have seen a small problem.
> If we get a ACM message from the carrier, asterisk says that the call is
> Proceeding now, and not Ringing as described in the documentation of the
> SS7-stack from Intel(dialogic).
>
> I changed 2 lines in chan_zap.c to solve this.
>
> here the diff for asterisk SVN-Version 115577:
>
> 9646c9646,9647
> < 					p->proceeding = 1;
> ---
>> 					p->alerting = 1;
>> 					p->subs[SUB_REAL].needringing = 1;
>

> I hope i did it in the right way, becuase i'm on it to learn c at this
> time, really no PRO.

I added a patch that I think should fix it in trunk rev 115598 or in
1.6.0 branch rev 115599.  Can you update and confirm that my fix (it was
a little different from how you did it) works for you?

This has been a problem for a while, for a few other people, so if there
is anyone else that has had any issues related to the audio channel not
connecting after getting an ACM, please update if you can to confirm
whether or not this issue has been resolved.

Basically what I did was to queue a progress frame along with the
proceeding frame (which we already queued) when we receive an ACM, which
should open up the audio channel to anything you are bridged to.

Thanks!

Software/Firmware Engineer
Digium, Inc.