[asterisk-ss7] Undesired striping of leading zero?

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Sat May 10 17:43:18 CDT 2008

On 05/10/08, Magnus Kelly wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am making good steady progress with a msc to sip service using libss7, but
> on testing sip inward to msc calls it appears that the leading zero is
> missing from both the called number and the calling number, which causes
> both routing issues in the msc and the caller id showing up on the called
> mobile missing the leading 0 for caller id, I suspect it's configurable in
> the zapta.conf file but googling has not yet helped?
>

> The call is dialled as "exten => _07892111XXX,1,Dial(Zap/37/${EXTEN})"

I would not expect the leading zero to be removed.
To confirm either way, do this:
 "exten => _07892111XXX,1,NoOp(Number to dial is: ${EXTEN})"

If you need to add a zero which I doubt you do, you could do this:
exten => _07892111XXX,1,Dial(Zap/37/0${EXTEN}).

Also, I would try commenting these out of the zapata.conf file:

ss7_internationalprefix = 00
ss7_nationalprefix = 0

Make them be:
;ss7_internationalprefix = 00
;ss7_nationalprefix = 0

> And the 2nd question is how to dial from Chan 37 and up, instead of
> hardcoding it as Zap/37?

Currently you have everything in group 1.

Create a new group like this

group = 2
channel = 37-50

Than to dial starting at 37:
exten => _07892111XXX,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN})

The little g means start at the bottom of the group.
The big G means start at the top. If I recall, an R means random, but
check documentation to be sure.

The number following the g is the group number to dial from.

> One further question puzzling me is how might be possible to play music
> instead of ringback as do other cell operators? Can asterisk do this?

Take a look at your Dial options. "show application dial"
I think adding the m will tell it to play music.

exten => _07892111XXX,1,Dial(Zap/37/0${EXTEN},60,m)

--
 respectfully, Joseph       |