[asterisk-ss7] Howto Install SS7 with Asterisk 1.4

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Fri Mar 28 08:20:20 CDT 2008

On 03/28/08, Vu Quoc Viet(HPI) wrote:
> Dear  Sirs,
>
> I am installing the libss7 for my Trixbox 2.4.2.
>
> All zap-trunk, lipri-trunk, libss7-trunk, asterisk-trunk were installed
> well.

I don't see any ss7 related errors.

I would suggest not using Trixbox for ss7 testing.

> But when rebooting pc by "shutdown -r now" command, I get the message
> "Asterisk could not start!
>
> Use 'tail /var/log/asterisk/full' to find out why."And  "Unable to connect
> to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)" message
> when using  asterisk -r command.

This indicates that asterisk is not running and may not be able to
start. Please see the normal asterisk debugging methods to figure out
what is stopping.

For starters, try starting asterisk like this
"asterisk -cddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddg"

--
respectfully,