[asterisk-ss7] libss7 :: "zap show channels" status

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Sat Mar 8 11:21:53 CST 2008

Tusar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run "asterisk-1.6.beta5" with "libss7" and it is running fine
> .
> But I am little bit confused , "zap show channels" showing "state" as "In
> Service" even signaling link is down .
>
> *CLI> ss7 show linkset 1
> SS7 linkset 1 status: Down
>

> *CLI> zap show channels
>    Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret
> Blocked    State
>  pseudo        none                                 en
> default                         In Service
>       2            none                                 en
> default                         In Service
>       3            none                                 en
> default                         In Service
>

> Will "zap show channels" show "state" as "In Service" even if signaling link
> is down ?

Due to problems related to some SS7 switches doing circuit resets and
some switches not doing circuit resets when the link is brought up, that
field is fixed to "In Service".  It used to wait until the circuits were
reset to change to In Service, but it caused a lot of problems for
people.  The best way to figure out if your link is up is to do the "ss7
show linkset x" command.  For now, you can disregard the In Service state.

Software/Firmware Engineer
Digium, Inc.