[asterisk-ss7] libss7 under production

Jorge Valencia jvalencia at chile.com
Mon Jun 16 11:15:42 CDT 2008

i found one problem!!

so plz help me

when the caller send more than 16 digits, the MSC (mobil switch center) send
me (asterisk+libss7) in the IAM message only 16 digits and the others in the
SAM message.  So asterisk got less digits that required for make a correct
call.

In the documentation appears "Basic call messages (IAM, ACM, ANM, REL, RLC)"
and not SAM, so i'm confused trying to find a solution (i'm not a C
developer yet).  I'm going now to recompile actual sources.

here is a portion of ss7 debug

[ 3d 80 24 ]     Network Indicator: 2 Priority: 0 User Part: ISUP (5)
      [ 85 ]
      OPC 2067 DPC 2572 SLS 13
      [ 0c ca 04 d2 ]
              CIC: 109
              [ 6d 00 ]
              Message Type: IAM
              [ 01 ]
              --FIXED LENGTH PARMS[4]--
              Nature of Connection Indicator:
                      Satellites in connection: 0
                      Continuity Check: Check not required (0)
                      Outgoing half echo control device: not included (0)
                      [ 00 ]
              Forward Call Indicators:
                      Nat/Intl Call Ind: call to be treated as a national
call (0)
                      End to End Method Ind: no end-to-end method(s)
available (0)
                      Interworking Ind: no interworking encountered (0)
                      End to End Info Ind: no end-to-end information
available (0)
                      ISDN User Part Ind: ISDN user part used all the way
(1)
                      ISDN User Part Pref Ind: ISDN user part not preferred
all the way (1)
                      ISDN Access Ind: originating access ISDN (1)
                      SCCP Method Ind: no indication (0)
                      [ 60 01 ]
              Calling Party Category:
                      Category: Ordinary calling subscriber (10)
                      [ 0a ]
              Transmission Medium Requirements:
                      Speech (0)
                      [ 00 ]