[asterisk-ss7] libss7 stability issues

Andreas Kaufmann andi62 at gmx.at
Mon Jun 9 08:49:13 CDT 2008

Hi,

I have encountered stability problems when using libss7. I am using
"sipp" to generate multiple calls over the link. After a few hundred
test calls asterisk randomly stops working and the asterisk process does
not exist any more in the unix process list.

A second problem I have encountered is that after generating a lot of
concurrent calls,  some of the ss7 channels on the linkset are reported
to be busy ("app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type 'zap' (cause
34 - Circuit/channel congestion"), although this channels were not in
use any more. I have to restart asterisk to get this channels free again.

I have tried the following configuration:

OS: OpenSuse 10.3
Zaptel: SVN-branch-1.4-r4315
libss7: SVN-trunk-r171
Asterisk: SVN-trunk-r118178M
DIGIUM TE220P 2xE1 Card

According to Matthews latest NEWS file (NEWS-05-30-2008) if have also tried:

libss7: SVN-trunk-r176
Zaptel: 1.4.11
Asterisk: 1.6.0

Can anyone recommend a stable version for libss7/zaptel/asterisk? Would
it be better to use another distribution, e.g. Fedora?