[asterisk-ss7] Libss7 Status Update

Markus A. Wipfler markus at infocom.co.ug
Sun Jun 1 15:21:35 CDT 2008

Hi,

just updated my system to the latest version via svn checkout, also
updated firmware and wanpipe drivers for my A104d Sangoma Card (i've
been having a lot of issues with libss7 and a lot of unknown hangup
causes, so i was very excited about this update)
After reloading the zaptel configuration and making my first test call
i noticed that asterisk was behaving strangely; it would not respond
to most commands, such as "core stop now" ( had to kill asterisk).
After doing some tests I realized that this problem happens when the
call comes in via an iax channel. I then tested with a sip trunk from
another asterisk box, which until now seems to be working fine. I also
haven't had any unknown hung-up causes as I had with earlier versions,
but it is too early to get excited because the call volume at the
moment is very low. I'll know more after a day or two when I can
compare hang-up cause statistics.

--
Markus