[asterisk-ss7] Large SS7 installation (96 E1s)

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Wed Jul 16 12:40:43 CDT 2008

Hi,

Quoting Anton <anton.vazir at gmail.com>:

> On Wednesday 16 July 2008 17:43, Antoine Megalla wrote:
>
> Hi, It Will be interesting setup.
>
> I'm using SANGOMA A108 hardware and do run 22xE1 per a
> single server A108x2+A104+A102, though, a little patching
> of the chan_ss7 will be necessary - dig the mailing list, I
> had posted the necessary changes to a chan_ss7 to be
> operating on over than 8xE1, changes are trivial though.

I think the Sangoma A108 would do the trick to get max E1s down to a
single machine, but i also think that you may need to have 3U-4U kinda
Chasis to fit in those many cards (1U may not work)

> Btw, I do use latest asterisk 1.4.21.1 and chan_ss7 1.0.10,
> patched.
>
> Keep the list posted, I think many will be interested if you
> would suceed with such a big setup.

I would say if you can blog about this it would be really helpful.

I am already maintaining a version of Howto with LibSS7 by Matt over
here : http://asterisk.pbx.in/asterisk-libss7-ss7

I would be glad if you would want to blog about this over on
http://asterisk.pbx.in/

Thanks & Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,