[asterisk-ss7] Asterisk/libSS7 functionality question

Krzysztof Drewicz krzysztofdrewicz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 02:28:15 CDT 2008

2008/7/8 Mark Wilkinson <mark.wilkinson at 2pmtech.com>:

> Hello,
>    I have a question about the functionality of SS7 in Asterisk.
>  From what I can work out, at present, I can not do the following :-
>
> I want a  call to be placed from a PBX to Asterisk.
> Have Asterisk playback a message or do other clever stuff,
> then release the call back to the original PBX,
> without the call remaining looped (tromboned) through Asterisk.

Do you need a SS7 link for that? Try this:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Transfer
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001081

Call "transfer" (like 2BCT) should work on normal PRI, also i whould be nice
if asterisk could do a QSIG ETS 300 258 - Path Replacement (ANF-PR). Imvho
the qsig way should be easy.

I've tested eicon diva server card (with PRI) connected to alcatel 4400 pabx
and transfers worked good. But the card is not Digium and is very, very
costly.

--
Krzysztof Drewicz
+48 504 17 55 77