[asterisk-ss7] "No Idle Circuit found" after sometime

Antoine Megalla aatef at rocketmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:42:03 CST 2008

Hi,

I am using chan_ss7 1.0.0 with success, where I pass SIP calls to SS7 switch, however I am facing a nagging problem that prevents the deployment in a production environment.

I am using asterisk 1.2.24
Zaptel 1.2.20.1
Chan_ss7 1.0.0
Digium TE410P

When I connect asterisk to the SS7 switch eveything works fine for sometime, then I start loosing channels (CICs) on the 4 active E1s, and by time I get the following messages:

WARNING[22344] l4isup.c: No idle circuit found.
WARNING[22344] l4isup.c: SS7 requester: No idle circuit available.

By time I get all my CICs unusable although "ss7 show channels" shows many channels as "idle"
(I had the same problme with both chan_ss7 0.9, and the pl patched version of it)

Now using chan_ss7 1.0.0 and issuing "ss7s status" I get something like this:
C7-server*CLI> ss7 status
linkset        idle busy initiating resetting total incoming total outgoing
MSC1             36   15          9         0              0           4318
*** Idle list lenth is: 29
linkset        idle busy initiating resetting total incoming total outgoing
MSC2             33   16         11         0              0           4285
*** Idle list lenth is: 22

You can notice that the "idle" channels are more than the "Idle list length" for both linksets.
And when the "*** Idle list length" reaches 0 (but the linkset has many idle channels) I start getting the "No idle circuit found" message and calls fail, and of course I only have like 30-40 active ss7 calls on the 120 channels of the 4 E1s.

Your help is much appreciated,

Here is my zaptel.cong and ss7.conf

zaptel.conf:

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3