[asterisk-ss7] 56k SS7 using TE122.

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Aug 20 16:18:25 CDT 2008

Mark A Jenks wrote:
> I am working on a project to try and get SS7 working against our Nortel
> DMS's.
>
> First I tried to bring it up as a T1 to our DMS100, using B8zs or AMI
> and It would not connect at all.
>
> So, then we moved it over to our DMS500, which can handle PRI's and we
> can now bring it up with B8zs now, but AMI does not work.
>
> If we loop up the B8, everything looks great and it's happy talking to
> itself.
>
> Here is the problem: Our SS7 can only handle 56k.
>
> Is there a way to get the TE122 to connect via AMI(56k)?  I can't get it
> to connect at all, and even if we loop up the AMI.
>
> Or maybe change the dchan to 56k?

Sorry to tell you this, but we don't have a software only 56k HDLC stack
in Zaptel/DAHDI right now.  The way you can use a 56K link is to use
either a TE2XXP or TE4XXP with the hardhdlc channel type.  So if you
have one of those two cards, you can certainly do it.

This is something I would eventually like to implement in software, but
have not done so yet.

---
Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.