[asterisk-ss7] ss7 newbie

Rony Ron upcomingbiz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 12:08:18 CDT 2008

Hi Srinam,
first of all this a newbie's reply not an expert's expert reply;
1. Is ss7 just like a PRI cable ? or is it a V.35 like cable that acts
as ss7 signalling ? do i need anything in addition to TE420P ?
    Yes, it's just a PRI/E1 cable
2. how do i do the actual connectivity ?
    It depends on to what you are getting connect,
    if you are connecting to a network: use 1-2 & 4-5 pins
    if you are connecting to another pbx: use 1-4 & 2-5 pins