[asterisk-ss7] Stupid problem...

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Aug 7 06:52:54 CDT 2008

olivier taylor wrote:

> I have two servers installed with the latest SS7 rellease (asterisk
> 1.6.0 and chan_dahdi).

You mean Asterisk 1.6.0-beta9 or an SVN snapshot, since Asterisk 1.6.0
has not yet been released.

> But now, I need to install G729 on these servers but digium claim that
> they does not provide binaries nor support G729 on asterisk 1.6

There are codec_g729 modules for Asterisk trunk (which is pretty similar
to 1.6) in the 'unsupported' directory on downloads.digium.com, located
here:

http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/codec_g729/unsupported/asterisk-trunk/linux/

These may work for you, but since they are unsupported, our support
department won't help you if they don't.

The good news for you is, we plan on releasing Asterisk 1.6.0-rc1 today,
which means that it will be API/ABI stable, and we can also release
codec_g729 modules for it. Look for the announcements shortly.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies