[asterisk-ss7] Multi E1's in same linkset possible?

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Mon Apr 21 10:48:38 CDT 2008

Magnus Kelly wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> Could anyone share how to create a multiple E1 linkset to the same upstream
> SS7 point-code msc.  Currently the below config works for a single e1 on
> span 3 - but I would like to add a second e1 into the same linkset (on span
> 2) Is this possible? If so, how does one configure the 2 nd E1? & what's the
> relationship between the Digium card and the linksets and SLC for this.

For adding another E1 as more bearer channels, it's as simple as adding
the additional channels in your linkset declaration.  So below your
channels that you have already declared, append another "cicbeginswith"
line with your starting CIC for the first channel of the additional E1,
and then append your "channel" line with the additional channels.

One nice thing about libss7 is that it doesn't care about your span
configuration below it.  It only cares that you tell it which Zap/
channels to use, and which CICs are mapped to the Zap channels and it's
happy.

Matthew Fredrickson

> Thanks
>
> Magnus
>

> Zaptel.conf
>
> #
>
> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>
> bchan=1-15
>
> dchan=16
>
> bchan=17-31
>
> #
>
> span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>
> bchan=32-46
>
> dchan=47
>
> bchan=48-62
>
> #
>
> span=3,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>
> bchan=63-77
>
> dchan=78
>
> bchan=79-93
>
> #
>
> span=4,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>
> bchan=94-108
>
> dchan=109
>
> bchan=110-124
>
> #
>
> # Tone Zone Data
>
> loadzone=uk
>
> defaultzone=uk
>
> #
>
> ;
>
> ; SS& Zapata - LibSS7 -
>
> ;
>
> [trunkgroups]
>
> ;
>
> [channels]
>
> ;
>
> language=en
>
> context=msc-in
>
> signalling=ss7
>
> callwaiting=yes
>
> usecallingpres=yes
>
> threewaycalling=yes
>
> transfer=yes
>
> canpark=yes
>
> cancallforward=yes
>
> callreturn=yes
>
> echocancel=yes
>
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
>
> group=1
>
> callgroup=1
>
> pickupgroup=1
>
> ;
>
> ss7type = itu
>
> ss7_called_nai=dynamic
>
> ss7_calling_nai=dynamic
>
> ; All settings apply to linkset 3 - relates to Zaptel.conf links and
> (linkset in msc is same as SLC)
>
> linkset = 3
>
> pointcode = 1025
>
> adjpointcode = 1024
>
> defaultdpc = 1024
>
> ; Begin CIC (Circuit indication codes) count with this number
>
> cicbeginswith = 65
>
> channel = 63-77
>
> cicbeginswith = 81
>
> channel = 79-93