[asterisk-ss7] Internal protocol analyzer

Tim Danner tdanner at pacwest.com
Wed Sep 26 00:56:59 CDT 2007

Just a question for this list.  Has there been any development work here for an internal protocol analyzer for either ISDN or SS7?
My thoughts here are that something like that could be developed against the card drivers for both transmit and receive, and relay to a process just for decoding the packets.  I am also aware that this could be more processor intensive, but could be developed many different ways so not to scan everything, except for what needs to be decoded.  I think this would help out a faster turn around of any signaling issues.  Not everyone can afford expensive external analyzers.