[asterisk-ss7] HOWTO Setup libss7-- error when compiling

Goke Aruna goksie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 01:12:20 CDT 2007

Mitul Limbani wrote:
> Matthew and fella list members,
>
> I have created a blog page on http://asterisk.pbx.in/asterisk-libss7-ss7
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Mitul Limbani,
> Founder & CEO,
> Enterux Solutions,
> The Enterprise Linux Company (TM),
> www.enterux.com
>
> Quoting Matthew Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com>:
>
>> I have received many requests lately for a more current document
>> describing how to setup Asterisk with SS7 support.  The following email
>> will hopefully suffice.  The contents of this are also contained in the
>> README file in libss7 as well as inside Asterisk-trunk in the
>> doc/ss7.txt file.
>>
>> To Use:
>> =======
>> In order to use libss7, you must get at least the following versions of
>> Zaptel, libss7, and Asterisk (you might also want to get libpri):
>> Zaptel: 1.4.x
>> Asterisk: trunk
>> libss7: trunk (currently, there *only* is a trunk release).
>>
>> You must then do a `make; make install` in each of the directories that
>> you installed in the given order (Zaptel first, libss7 second, and
>> Asterisk last).
>>
>> NOTE: In order to check out the code, you must have the subversion
>> client installed.  This is how to check them out from the public
>> subversion server.
>>
>> These are the commands you would type to install them:
>>
>> `svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/branches/1.4 zaptel-1.4`
>> `cd zaptel-1.4`
>> `make; make install`
>>
>> `svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/libss7/trunk libss7-trunk`
>> `cd libss7-trunk`
>> `make; make install`
>>
>> `svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk asterisk-trunk`
>> `cd asterisk-trunk`
>> `./configure; make; make install;`
>>
>> This should build Zaptel, libss7, and Asterisk with SS7 support.
>>
>> In the past, there was a special asterisk-ss7 branch to use which
>> contained the SS7 code. That code has been merged back into the trunk
>> version of Asterisk, and the old asterisk-ss7 branch has been deprecated
>> and removed.  If you are still using the asterisk-ss7 branch, it will
>> not work against the current version of libss7, and you should switch to
>> asterisk-trunk instead.
>>
>> CONFIGURATION:
>> In zaptel.conf, your signalling channel(s) should be a "dchan" and your
>> bearers should be set as "bchan".
>>
>> In the asterisk-ss7 branch, there is a sample zapata.conf that is
>> installed which contains sample configuration for setting up an E1 link.
>>
>> In brief, here is a simple ss7 linkset setup:
>>
>> signalling = ss7
>> ss7type = itu           ; or ansi if you are using an ANSI link
>>
>> linkset = 1             ; Pick a number for your linkset identifier in
>> 			; zapata.conf
>>
>> pointcode = 28          ; The decimal form of your point code.  If you
> [...]

hello all,

I am installing on FC7 using wanpipe 3.1.4 on sangoma a104d card,

I compiled in the following order.
zaptel
wanpipe
libss7
asterisk

when compiling asterisk, I was able to do configure but when compiling I
got this error.

chan_zap.c: In function âhandle_ss7_unblock_cicâ:
chan_zap.c:11815: error: âcmdâ undeclared (first use in this function)
chan_zap.c:11815: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
chan_zap.c:11815: error: for each function it appears in.)
chan_zap.c:11817: error: âeâ undeclared (first use in this function)
chan_zap.c:11821: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast
chan_zap.c:11823: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast
chan_zap.c:11826: error: âaâ undeclared (first use in this function)
chan_zap.c:11829: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast
chan_zap.c:11833: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast
chan_zap.c:11838: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast
chan_zap.c:11845: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast
chan_zap.c:11864: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast
chan_zap.c: In function âhandle_ss7_show_linksetâ:
chan_zap.c:11890: error: âfdâ undeclared (first use in this function)
chan_zap.c: At top level:
chan_zap.c:11905: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
chan_zap.c:11906: error: expected â}â before â{â token
make[1]: *** [chan_zap.o] Error 1
make: *** [channels] Error 2

can someone guide me on the wayout?

Goksie