[asterisk-ss7] Starting with SS7. Channel-Configuration

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Oct 25 10:35:57 CDT 2007

Tobias Wolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Matthew Fredrickson schrieb:
>> Tobias Wolf wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> here is the proposed follow-up:
>>>
>>> We can now terminate calls over SS7 at our asterisk.
>>>
>>> The main reason for us to switch to SS7 was the availability to see the
>>> callerid, even if the caller has supressed, so that we can correctly
>>> bill our customers.
>>>
>>> But the normal asterisk variable ${CALLERID(number)} will not be filled
>>> if it is suppressed ... Hmmm
>>>
>>> Is there another way to check the callerid and the flag wich indicated
>>> that the callerid should not be shown to the callee ?
>> I'd like you to do one thing for me so that I can better see what is
>> wrong.  There have been a significant number of updates to libss7 since
>> the version you are running.  Can you update libss7 and reinstall it,
>> then update asterisk-trunk, and reinstall it, and then get me a trace of
>> the call?  The outputs should be a LOT clearer now, I have done a lot of
>> work on making the debug more useful.
>>

> Here are my current version:

> Basis des Projektarchivs: http://svn.digium.com/svn/libss7
> UUID des Projektarchivs: 284bc105-fd19-0410-aa88-94cd1a20766c
> Revision: 126
> Knotentyp: Verzeichnis
> Plan: normal
> Letzter Autor: mattf
> Letzte geÀnderte Rev: 126
> Letztes Ãnderungsdatum: 2007-10-19 18:22:28 +0200 (Fr, 19 Okt 2007)

> Basis des Projektarchivs: http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk
> UUID des Projektarchivs: 65c4cc65-6c06-0410-ace0-fbb531ad65f3
> Revision: 86874
> Knotentyp: Verzeichnis
> Plan: normal
> Letzter Autor: russell
> Letzte geÀnderte Rev: 86839
> Letztes Ãnderungsdatum: 2007-10-22 23:37:58 +0200 (Mo, 22 Okt 2007)
> Eigenschaften zuletzt geÀndert: 2007-10-23 19:30:26 +0200 (Di, 23 Okt 2007)
>
> I have made another two calls (first with callerid and then without
> callerid):
>
> Here are snippets of debug output that has something to do with callerid
>  (I will add complete output at the end of this mail):
>
> With CallerID (snipped):
>                 Calling Party Number:
>                         Nature of address: 4
>                         NI: 0
>                         Numbering plan: 1
>                         Presentation: 0
>                         Screening: 3
>                         Address signals: 491738621698
>                         [ 0a 08 04 13 94 71 83 26 61 89 ]
>
> Without CallerID suppressed (snipped):
>                Calling Party Number:
>                         Nature of address: 0
>                         NI: 0
>                         Numbering plan: 0
>                         Presentation: 2
>                         Screening: 3
>                         Address signals:
>                         [ 0a 02 00 0b ]
>
> So it seems, that the CallerID information isn't routet to the asterisk
> [...]

Sorry for the inconvenience earlier with the trace debug.  Making it
more clear, consistent, and verbose hasn't been as much of a priority
until recently.  From your two Calling Party Number parameters, it would
seem that your assessment is correct.

Otherwise it look good.

Software/Firmware Engineer
Digium, Inc.