[asterisk-ss7] SS7 CIC configuration

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Fri Nov 30 09:01:33 CST 2007

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 12:37:52PM -0200, Virmones Pereira Tavares de Miranda wrote:
> Hi List
>

> I need to interconnect with PSTN using chan_ss7 and the PSTN send me the
> list of configuration CIC'S
>

> CIC

A CIC is a number assigned to a trunk.

I have not used chan_ss7 but libss7 seems to be working fine to connect
to the PSTN. (Note: if connecting to a Nortel switch, you must use a DTC
and not a SPM as the SPM will randomly break all the channels. This is
just for the bearer trunks.)

1. Get asterisk head, libss7, libpri, and zaptel 1.4*
2. Configure your ss7 link and linkset per the readme in libss7.
   Can be either a F link or an A link.
3. Set your CIC numbering per the PSTN so that they match.
   To make sure they match, try doing "ss7 block cic 10 1
   assuming you had a linkset of 10 with a CIC of 1.
   Now the PSTN should see "RMB" (remote man busy) on CIC 1.

4. Once your linkset is up, you can use "core zap show channels"
   and place calls on the channels like normal zap channels.

Here are the download urls:
svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/libss7/trunk libss7trunk
svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/libpri/trunk libpritrunk
svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk asterisktrunk
svn co  http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/branches/1.4 zaptel1.4

Also, you might want to sym link those folders to the normal ones:
ln -s libss7trunk libss7
ln -s libpritrunk libpri
ln -s asterisktrunk asterisk
ln -s zaptel1.4 zaptel

> I don't know if is possible to do , can you help me?

I am glad to try :)

--
+ respectfully, Joseph =========+